The one with older buttons I also have. It’s on the picture above on this page. Both are with triple Amphenol connectors at the end of manly 75-pair cord. I would imagine what a challenge to connect all 75 pairs on screws...
This one is manufactured in 1982, so it is a very late model. However, Stromberg-Carlson kept the transparent faceplate with paper insert, while Western Electric switched to solid plastic coloured faceplates on Call Directors long before. To me those solid plastic faceplates are looking very cheap. But both Call Directors I own are fortunately with that old transparent acrylglass faceplates. The drawback of this later model is the plastic handset lever (hook) instead of shiny metal one on original Call Directors, but this is a way of cost reduction appering towards 1980-s when telephones were not longer a luxury item. I have the same on Stromberg-Carlson 554 wall model - dark acryl hook instead of metal.
Intrestingly, wiring diagram on triple Amp cords are kept consistent with standard 5-line models. So what I need is just to connect the Amp #1 of Call Director to my regular 5-line 1A2 plug and the first key strip works + ringer, etc. work perfectly fine.

Last edited by RedBul; 07/27/18 12:42 AM.