I have embarked on a new project. I’m currently rewiring the message recording console from 1ESS I believe (not sure what the model number is, but they appear quite often on eBay sold as grey “Call Directors”, though they won’t work on 1A2).

This console has originally short mounting cord with different 180 degrees triple Amphenol connector. On mine it’s cut off. So the cord is only about 3’ long.

If anyone has an idea on the source of any length, any color, any termination type or just cut mounting cord D120A I believe - flexible one with 120 connectors or 60 pairs, I will be glad to acquire it or trade for something.

I know it’s a kind of rare thing from unobtainium, but sometimes a wonder happens and someone finds it in the garbage bin from scrapped call director.

Of course if not available I can wire with existing short cord or alternatively use 3 standard 20 pair cords from 564 sets and pass them through a single PVC insulation tube, but before I spend some good hours resoldering the 240 connections (as I will need to work through both sides of the cord) - I will test my like here if I can find a spare D120A cable.

This is what I have as a current cord:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

This is where this console was originally used:

And this is how it normally appears on eBay (this one is not mine):

Last edited by RedBul; 11/23/19 04:53 PM.