My vacation has not spent been spent for nothing:

A new member in my family - red (or rust) - would be glad to know exact WE color code for this beauty - Western Electric 565HKM from 1964 (refurbished in 1978 - looks like only dial has been changed at refurbishing).

[Linked Image from s26.postimg.org]

This is one of the strange creatures from Bell System refurbishing shop - red phone has been painted red and original shiny black cord has been painted to "satin silver", though it is far away from real satin silver. Today was the whole day of restoration, I removed all paint from housing with alcohol and completely re-polished the plastic. Additional cord for data transmission device has been removed. It was cleaned inside and outside.

It's an nteresting color - it changes on camera depending on the light. Here is the picture in more natural light. i suspect it is Western Electric color code -124 Rust, but I may be wrong. But this is for sure not simple red. Have no idea if 565-model has been produced in color code 124, but it is a real plastic, not paint now.

This is how it came to me from eBay - dirty and rude:

All functions tested - perfectly works with 4A speakerphone, dial will require some oil, but this is for one of later days.

Last edited by RedBul; 08/31/17 01:46 PM.