Originally Posted by Arthur P. Bloom
Note that the area on the TAM faceplate, just above the TT dial, is a perfect spot to mount the 4A transmitter unit, using double-sided tape. It keeps the transmitter from using extra space on the desktop, and its location is always obvious.

Hi Arthur, you gave me an answer to a mistery which bothered me for a long. I’ve almost bought 2 faceplates for TAM, but stopped when I saw the pictures: both were drilled in that area above the dial. I couldn’t understand who would drill it there and why. Now I see that most probably those were from TAMs with transmitter screwed above the dial.

But I’d like to keep it simple and in two separate parts. I like to move around while at desk, so I place the transmitter in different locations depending on if I present something from my computer or just lean back and participate occasionally in the conversation.

I used to work at the radio station many years ago. Since that time I automatically place any microphone I use into perfect location in terms of distance and direction of voice. This is uncontrollable.

And for my favorite telephones (and TAM is definitely the one, second being black WE 564 which started my whole collection) I always have enough space on the side extention to my desk. It is lower level vs. main desk, so it can’t be used for anything else.

Last edited by RedBul; 10/12/17 06:51 PM.