So this is the price of additional features. The thing can’t anymore serve for 50 years without tuning smile. However, tuning the coils on Princess phone resolves the issue. My black Princess now dials out without an issue and I now have two cheap pocket multimeters with frequency meter, specifically for this purpose.

The idea with placing the lighted dial on 2565 came to my mind also when I saw how good this feature is in dark environment. This Princess (to be equipped with WE 6050 key strip for 1A2 multiline functionality) I bought for my Home Theater/Studio sofa which doesn’t have space for a full size 2565 in handy convenient position next the the sofa’s arm. But the theater is operated at dimmed or no light most of the time. So this Princess feature was a perfect “fit for purpose“ in this case. Old mobile phone charger with 5VDC output did the trick with supplying power to 2 amber LED installed instead of the bulb.

Though it could be a solution elsewhere with 2565. My idea was to make a hybrid of standard TT dial and buttons from Princess, however there is also a plexiglass plate inside the Princess dial which serves as light-guide to the buttons - this will be difficult to replace.

For now this challenge is not resolved. However, with kitchen project and tiles installation in the second apartment plus repairing of couple of vintage Yamaha CD-players in background, I didn’t have enough time to think through this task. For now Princess is installed in that second property and connected to my virtual phone network in single line mode.

Last edited by RedBul; 12/15/17 09:51 PM.